9 Beet Stretch is Ludwig van Beethoven's 9th symphony stretched to 24 hours, with no pitch distortions. Executed in various versions with either the Snd or the Common Lisp Music software, both made by Bill Schottstaedt. Made at Notam, Oslo. Sincere thanks to Anders Vinjar, Kjetil Matheussen and Bjarne Kvinnsland at Notam, and Jeff Hunt at Table of the Elements.
Thanks also to all the enthusiasm shown to 9 Beet Stretch. That has really brought the work around and made 9 Beet Stretch into the event it is.
• When schedules are set upcoming concerts will be posted here.
I have to promote this truly thrilling new book:
• Alexander Rehding have published a book about Beethovens's Symphony No. 9. This is an incredible thoroughly dive into Beethovens 9th and in all its historical and musical aspects, and I am truly honored that 9 Beet Stretch plays an important role in this book.
Recent full 24-hours concerts:
• Brainwaves: The Future is Fluid, The Rubin Museum of Art, New York (february 2018).
• Karajan / FH Salzburg Classical Music Hack Day, Salzburg University of Applied Sciences, Salzburg (april 2017).
• Musikfest Nachmittag eines Fauns, Alte Oper, Frankfurt (september 2016).
• Imir Scenekunst, Stavanger (february 2016)
• Gruppe 38, Zetland Live / Tempo! Tempo! Tempo!, Aarhus (november 2015).
• The Rabbit Hole, Zetland Live / Tempo! Tempo! Tempo!, København (november 2015).
• The Long Now / Maerz Musik, @ Kraftwerk, Berlin (march 2015).
Recent installations / presentations:
• Lounge Ludwig, Concertgebouw Brugge, Brugge (february 2018).
• Shut up and Listen! – Interdisciplinary Festival for Music and Sound Art @ Echoraum, Wien (december 2017).
Some past concerts and installations since the 2004:
• Nuit Blanche, Toronto (2012).
• AV Festival 12, Newcastle (2012).
• Pact Zollverein, Essen (2009).
• Impakt Festival 2009, Utrecht (2009).
• The Orange County Museum of Art, Newport Beach (2008).
• Wien Modern 2006, Wien (2006).
• Dubnium – Table of the Elements Festival no. 3 (@ South by SouthWest Festival), Austin (2006).
• Diapason Gallery, New York (2004).
Planned and past concerts and installation events of 9 Beet Stretch:
Check also the media department, and the irregularely updated Picture Gallery.
Any requests or comments are most welcome! Email me.
– Updated october 2016